Vanilla Mascarpone Blueberry cheesecake.
Ingredients of Vanilla Mascarpone Blueberry cheesecake
- You need of Crust.
- You need 2 cup of Almonds, slivered.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 250 grams of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of Caster sugar.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1 of vanilla bean, split and scraped.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 450 grams of Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 1 of Boiling water.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Blueberries.
Vanilla Mascarpone Blueberry cheesecake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place almonds and sugar in bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. Combine almond mixture and butter in a medium bowl..
- Pack into a 9-inch non-stick springform pan (if pan is not nonstick, brush first with melted butter). Wrap pan with triple layer of heavy-duty aluminium foil, making sure that foil reaches top of side of pan. Bake until lightly golden and set, about 15 minutes and remove from oven. Let cool completely..
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°C. Fill a large saucepot with water and bring to a boil over high heat..
- Mix cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, and scrapings from vanilla bean in an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Add vanilla extract. Add eggs, 1 at a time, on low speed. Pour batter into cooled crust..
- Place cake pan in a larger roasting pan and fill halfway up side of cake pan with boiling water. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until edges are set and centre jiggles slightly. Remove from the oven when set..
- Remove cake pan from water bath and let cool completely on a wire rack. Place in refrigerator and chill for 4-6 hours or overnight..
- Bring sugar and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add blueberries. Cook, stirring frequently, until juices release and thicken and blueberries soften, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly. Spoon blueberry mixture on top of cooled cheesecake..