Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta. My sister Beth made this Panko Parmesan Crusted Halibut recipe and raved about how amazing it was. I thought it would be fun to share it. Basically you just take some Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, olive oil and fresh lemon and turn it into something amazing..
Ingredients of Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta
- It’s of For the fish.
- You need 2 lbs of halibut fillet. Skin removed.
- You need of Sea salt.
- It’s of White pepper.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tbs of dry mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chilie flakes.
- You need of Flour for dredging.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s of For the pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of tri color rotini.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of prepared pesto.
- It’s 1 of snack size bag of honey roasted cashews, smashed to crumbs.
- You need 1 of medium red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s of Drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Some other large flatfishes might be labeled "halibut" as well. Some possible substitutions for the more expensive halibut include turbot, haddock. Halibut fillets are dipped in Greek yogurt and crusted with a mixture of panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese to make this delicious seafood "This fast-and-easy dish was an instant success at my house, even in my fish-hesitant family. The panko crisps up beautifully, and the halibut is tender.
Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta step by step
- Prepare halibut and cut into portions. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside..
- Melt butter in a fry pan. Saute onions until they start to carmelize. Add garlic. Saute 2 more minutes. Add wine and cashews. cook off liquid. Set aside.
- Grease a baking sheet. Dredge fish in flour mixed with dry mustard. Place on baking sheet. Brush on beaten egg..
- Mix panko, parmesan, and Chile flakes. Crust top of fish. Bake at 425 8-9 minutes. Middle rack. Turn broiler on high. Cook until crust browns. Keep a good eye on it..
- Meanwhile, boil 4 qts salted water. Add pasta. Cook till AL dente. Drain and rinse with cold water..
- Add pasta back to pot. Mix in pesto sauce, onion mixture, and a pinch of parmesan. Heat on low until heated through..
- Plate immediately. Place halibut over pasta. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Garnish with basil leaves and lemon slices. Enjoy..
Panko Parmesan Crusted Halibut is a shared recipe from Melissa. She writes Halibut happens to be my most favorite fish. My crusted halibut recipe is a perfect for a healthy dinner at home. Parmesan Crusted Baked Halibut recipe: Another favorite halibut recipe, adapted from the folks at Coastal Seafoods. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg and milk together.