Phylo pastry, mini chicken and mushroom pies. A while ago I was brainstorming mushroom recipe ideas and one that particularly caught my attention was for a mushroom and feta phyllo pie. This idea was of course inspired by one of my favourite dishes, spanakopita, a Greek spinach pie. Now, add the filling to some small ramekin dishes.
Ingredients of Phylo pastry, mini chicken and mushroom pies
- It’s 250 g of mushrooms.
- You need 500 g of chicken.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s of phylo pastry.
- It’s 1 tbsp of creamy chicken powdered soup.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
Remove from the heat and add the mushrooms, leeks and cooked chicken. Place the chicken mixture into the dish, and fold the overhanging pieces of pastry over the top. Put a new spin on the classic casserole dinner with these individual mini chicken mushroom pot pies! A quick and creamy filling made from scratch with chicken breasts, sliced mushrooms, milk and butter is hiding underneath a crispy crust with puff pastry.
Phylo pastry, mini chicken and mushroom pies step by step
- Cook the chicken and then take it of the bone. you could use only boneless chicken breast as well. cut into pieces..
- Cut the mushrooms and onion and saute in a pan..
- Add the chicken to the mushrooms and onions. ad in salt and pepper to taste..
- Take the tbsp soup and mix with 2 tbsp of water into a paste and add to the chicken mixture..
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the chicken and let it simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes..
- Mix the egg and milk..
- Spray cupcake pan with non stick cooking spray. line the phylo in the pan. put a little of the egg mixture in each layer. you can use as much layers as you like.
- Put the chicken mixture in your phylo cups and then close it and add a little egg wash on top.
- Bake in the oven at 180°c for 15minutes or until golden brown. enjoy.
Bake it to golden perfection for the best homemade comfort dinner. Add onions, potatoes, chicken, mixed vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, and gravy to the bowl with the bacon and mix well. Place a second sheet of phyllo over the first; butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place a chicken breast in the lower half of the phyllo. Fold up the sides of the phyllo over the chicken, envelope style.