Frito pie. Frito pie is legendary in the Southwest for being spicy, salty and cheesy fabulous. Here's my easy take on this crunchy classic. —Jan Moon, Alamogordo, New Mexico. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
Ingredients of Frito pie
- It’s 1 of big bag chilli cheese Fritos.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef or ground venison.
- You need 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 head of lettuce diced.
- It’s 1-8 ounce of bag shredded taco blend cheese.
- You need of Optional: sour cream,pico,salsa, guacamole (my Walmart sells guacamole salsa already made which is what I used).
Frito Pie has layers of Fritos™, chili and cheese for an irresistible Tex Mex casserole everyone will love. This easy Frito pie recipe makes a fabulous weeknight dinner or dish on Game Day! Assembling a Frito chili pie is very, very complicated. You might want to pay attention!
Frito pie step by step
- Cook the ground beef and drain. Season with taco seasoning..
- Now layer it ! Fritos, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato then whatever sauces or toppings! Have fun and make it a “Frito bar” on the table and let everyone gather around and make their own!.
You get some chili… And you throw it on the Fritos. Frito pie, essentially chili, cheese, and tortilla chips, is legendary in the midwest and southwest. And though the classic is made in a bag of Fritos that's split open and smothered with chili, cheese, and. You can dress up this pie with whatever toppings you prefer, but we chose to top this crowd-pleaser with sour cream and sliced fresh jalapeño peppers. This recipe for Southwestern chili-topped corn chips comes from Mabel's Smokehouse, an Oklahoma-style barbecue restaurant in Brooklyn, New York.