Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza.
Ingredients of Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza
- Prepare of For the dough.
- It’s of (3/4) Cup warm water.
- You need of (1) tsp active dry yeast.
- You need of (2) Cups floor.
- Prepare of (3/4) tsp salt.
- It’s of (2) tbsp olive oil.
- Prepare of For The Pizza.
- It’s of (1) Can pizza sauce.
- You need of (1 1/2) Cups Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of (1/2) Cup mushrooms.
- It’s of (1) Sliced up bell pepper.
- Prepare of (5) String cheese.
- It’s of (1) Tomato.
- It’s of (Other toppings as desired. Pepperoni or sausage ect).
Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza instructions
- Make the dough. In a medium bowl add the warm water and yeast. Stir. Let stand about 5 minutes or until frothing. Add flour, salt and olive oil. Mix. Remove to a floured surface. Knead 5 minutes. Return to bowl and let rise until doubled..
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Lightly coat cast iron skillet. Heat on stove top for a few minutes..
- Roll out the dough big enough to cover bottom and walls of the skillet with a little to spare for the stuffed crust..
- Use an oven mit to remove skillet from stove. Skillet is HOT so be careful..
- Carefully lay dough crust in pan, crust overlapping walls. Add string cheese all around the bottom of walls on top of crust inside the skillet. Fold excess dough back over into skillet and pinch down to encase the string cheese..
- Add pizza sauce to the bottom. Mozzarella, mushrooms, tomatoes and finally bell pepper..
- Brush crust with butter or egg for browner crust..
- Using hand mit. Place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes raise temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for another 10-12 minutes..
- Remove from oven. Let rest. Slice and Enjoy!.