Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza. A classic Italian Caprese Salad recipe made with fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil, and a simple caprese dressing. I love this Caprese Salad because it can be served as a side dish or appetizer, it's. Download Italian caprese stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Ingredients of Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza
- Prepare 4 of pita bread pockets.
- Prepare 1 of Gilbert's caprese chicken sausage link.
- It’s 1 of pesto spread.
- It’s 10 small of fresh mozzarella balls.
- Prepare 5 of grape tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette (OPTIONAL).
Juicy tomatoes, fresh basil, and soft mozzarella cheese make this salad a summer favorite. Caprese was originally made with the Re Umberto or Fiascone tomatoes Also, contrary to popular practice, the authentic Caprese salad recipe doesn't call for balsamic or any other type of vinegar. Italian Caprese salad is another one of my all time favorite recipes and one of my most requested. This salad evidently originated on the beautiful Island of Capri.
Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza step by step
- Take a cookie tray, and scatter kosher salt on the tray..
- Take each pita bread, and with a brush, spread the olive oil on both sides of the bread, leaving a nice layer without any puddles. Do this for each pizza..
- With a spoon, take the pesto and spread it on each of the pita breads creating a base layer..
- Take the chicken sausage link, and cut it into quarter-inch discs, enough to put 4-5 discs on each bread..
- Cut the grape tomatoes into quarters, and alternate the tomato quarters with the chicken sausage discs. The idea is to have it look like a star pattern..
- Take the mozzarella balls, and cut them each in half. Place about 5-6 halves on each pita bread; one on each sausage disc and one in the middle..
- Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted fully..
- When the pitas come out of the oven, top with freshly sliced basil. (Optional: add a small drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette on top).
- Serve hot, & enjoy!.
This incredibly simple Italian recipe makes a fantastic summer dish the whole family will love! My husband is Italian, and therefore likes all food that comes from "The Boot". This tomato, basil, and mozzarella Caprese salad is an easy summer favorite that he loves (and the kids do to!). Like the most stylish Italians, Caprese il Tricolore is dressed very simply – in this case, with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and some freshly-cracked black pepper. Caprese Bruschetta layers heirloom tomato, fresh basil, and mozzarella on garlic toast and is topped with an Italian Taste the difference real Italian PDO/PGI olive oil and balsamic vinegar makes!