Pizza Baked Tomatos.
Ingredients of Pizza Baked Tomatos
- It’s 4 medium of firm ripe tomatoes cut in half.
- You need 2 cup of italian blend shredded cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of teaspooon dryed italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 8 slice of of pepperoni.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil mixed with 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar.
Pizza Baked Tomatos step by step
- Spray a baking dish big enough to just hold tomatoes in one layer with non-stick spray.
- Place tomatoes cut side up in dish lightly brush with olive oil mixture then evenly sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry Italian seasoning.
- In a bowl, toss cheese blend with fresh basil, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Divide cheese evenly on top of seasoned tomato's, place a peperoni slice in the center of each tomato half.
- Bake in a preheated 425 oven for 35 to 45 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes tender but not falling apart.
- Serve hot with any main dish or for a light lunch with a salad.