Double Crust Deep Dish Pizza. Great recipe for Double Crust Deep Dish Pizza. My favorite pizza is a place in Fort Wayne IN called Oley's Pizza. Simple deep dish pizza with roasted veggies.
Ingredients of Double Crust Deep Dish Pizza
- You need of Yeast Preparation.
- Prepare 1 envelope of active dry yeast (quick rise).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of warm water 130°F.
- It’s of Dough.
- Prepare 3 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of coarse salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Margarine.
- Prepare of Other Ingredients.
- Prepare 3 Lbs of Fresh Mozzarella shredded.
- You need 2 lbs of mild bulk sausage (no casings).
- Prepare 1 Lb of bacon (cooked and chopped).
- You need 1/2 Lb of sliced Honey Ham deli meat (cut into squares).
- You need 1/2 Lb of dry pizza pepperoni.
- It’s 14 oz of Pizza Sauce.
- You need 1 of small Onion (diced).
Crust: Like all pizzas, the crust is where the pizza meets the pan. The bottom crust of a pan pizza This double-dose of dough is where the term "stuffed" comes from. If you're not looking for it, you Sauce: Like the deep dish pizza, the stuffed is finished off with sauce on top. Crockpot Cauliflower Crust Deep Dish Cheese Pizza.
Double Crust Deep Dish Pizza step by step
- Add the warm water and sugar to a bowl mix, then add the yeast and let rise for 10 minutes. Water temperature should be 120 °F. Set aside and let sit for 5 minutes until yeast is foamy..
- Combine all ingredients when yeast is ready and mix with dough hooks. Place a small amount of olive oil in a large bowl and place the dough ball in and roll it as to cover dough with oil to prevent drying. Cover with a plastic wrap and put in oven with the light on for 1 hour..
- While dough is rising. Fry the Ham over medium heat for a few minutes to cook off some of the moisture. Otherwise you will have a soggy Pizza.
- Fry the bulk sausage meat. Stir and break it up into small pieces as it is cooking. Once cooked drain oil from sausage crumbles and set on paper towel till dough is ready..
- Divide dough into 2/3 and a 1/3 size portion. Roll the 2/3 size ball into a circle approximately 16 inches, the dough should be large enough to cover a 10 inch spring pan all the way up the sides..
- Start building pizza with 1 layer of pepperoni on bottom, next add 2 lbs of the shredded mozzarella. Now add half of the diced onions..
- Roll out the remaining dough to 11 inch circle. Place this dough inside on the layer of onion and press to the sides of the other dough wall to join the 2 crusts about the halfway filled point..
- Now we cut 4 slices into that middle crust to allow steam out. Similar to a pie crust..
- Finish the pizza building by adding the sausage meat, then the cooked bacon. Now place the pizza sauce in a layer. Now we add the ham, and then onion. Top with the remaining cheese. It may be necessary to press it down gently to not have the chees spilling over when baking..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 for 45 minutes and cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. It may take a few minutes longer depending on your oven..
- Once removed from oven, allow it to rest for 5 minutes before removing spring pan side.
- The trick to slicing nicely is a sharp chef knife and make the cut quick and forceful. Otherwise you will squish the pizza flat and outward. We want a nice presentation after all that construction…I mean cooking..
This gooey white pizza is not only made easily in a slow cooker, it's also entirely gluten-free. Deep Dish Spinach and Prosciutto Quiche with Toasted Sesame Crust. This fancy pizza-quiche hybrid is stuffed with a rich, eggy filling and topped with salty. Deep dish pizza aka Chicago-style pizza is, in my opinion, one of the best ways to make pizza. Loaded with tons of cheese, chunky tomato cause, and loads Using a deep dish pan would be the best but I will explain how to make a double crust deep dish pizza in a springform pan or how to make a deep.