Keto (tofu) Pizza Crust!. I'm a week into a keto diet. Yesterday, I was tired of my current go-to meals and looking to try something new. The rest of the family was having pizza, and my husband had just come home from the grocery store with tofu.
Ingredients of Keto (tofu) Pizza Crust!
- It’s 1/4 cup of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s Pinch of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 pack of organic extra firm tofu.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
This easy low carb pizza crust is simply amazing! It's made with tofu instead of grain, so it's vegan, gluten-free, keto friendly and high in protein! I began making pizza crust this way after we went gluten free and I couldn't find a gluten free pizza crust that my kids liked. I knew that they loved tofu. recipti/keto-pizza/.
Keto (tofu) Pizza Crust! step by step
- Drain and rinse tofu..
- Wrap tofu in paper towels and place under something heavy to remove excess moisture for about 30 mins. Change paper towels as needed..
- Smash tofu as much as possible to create a paste..
- Add and mix in all ingredients..
- Lay out on baking sheet between two sheets of parchment paper and for shape. Crust should be about 1/4 inch thick..
- Remove top parchment paper but leave bottom piece. Bake @ 400 for 30 minutes. (Picture is after baked).
- Remove and add desired toppings. Bake additional 10 minutes. Broil on Hi approx. 3-5 minutes until browned..
Then bake a double batch of these delish, crispy and keto pizza shells and put them in the freezer. Quick and easy Pizza Night, here we come. Watch closely during this step to make sure that the crusts become crispy, yet not burnt. Grill both sides of the pizza base until crispy and light. An easy fathead pizza crust recipe along with special pizza meal prep instructions.