Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza. Let the crust start to bubble up a bit before removing skillet from heat and spreading your pizza sauce evenly over the dough to the. Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza. Sprinkle the pan with a mixture of cornmeal, flour and sugar. "This keeps the pizza from sticking on the bottom and it gives it great flavor," Rach explains.
Ingredients of Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza
- Prepare of For the dough.
- It’s of (3/4) Cup warm water.
- It’s of (1) tsp active dry yeast.
- Prepare of (2) Cups floor.
- You need of (3/4) tsp salt.
- You need of (2) tbsp olive oil.
- Prepare of For The Pizza.
- Prepare of (1) Can pizza sauce.
- Prepare of (1 1/2) Cups Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of (1/2) Cup mushrooms.
- Prepare of (1) Sliced up bell pepper.
- You need of (5) String cheese.
- You need of (1) Tomato.
- You need of (Other toppings as desired. Pepperoni or sausage ect).
So, on this National Pepperoni Pizza Day, I'd like to talk about just how easy it is to make pizza at home—even a fully loaded, stuffed-crust monstrosity. Work the dough up the sides and make a crust. Mush the dough into all the corners of the pan and crimp it around the edges. Add sliced mozzarella cheese to the bottom, followed by your marinara sauce.
Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza instructions
- Make the dough. In a medium bowl add the warm water and yeast. Stir. Let stand about 5 minutes or until frothing. Add flour, salt and olive oil. Mix. Remove to a floured surface. Knead 5 minutes. Return to bowl and let rise until doubled..
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Lightly coat cast iron skillet. Heat on stove top for a few minutes..
- Roll out the dough big enough to cover bottom and walls of the skillet with a little to spare for the stuffed crust..
- Use an oven mit to remove skillet from stove. Skillet is HOT so be careful..
- Carefully lay dough crust in pan, crust overlapping walls. Add string cheese all around the bottom of walls on top of crust inside the skillet. Fold excess dough back over into skillet and pinch down to encase the string cheese..
- Add pizza sauce to the bottom. Mozzarella, mushrooms, tomatoes and finally bell pepper..
- Brush crust with butter or egg for browner crust..
- Using hand mit. Place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes raise temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for another 10-12 minutes..
- Remove from oven. Let rest. Slice and Enjoy!.
You can add all the sauce for a very saucy pie, or ½-⅔ of it if you want a less saucy pizza. A buttery, thick, and chewy pizza dough that is baked in a cast iron skillet. Toppings are substantial but not overwhelming where the dough won't cook. If you cook the sausage while the dough is proofing you'll be ready to assemble the pizza that much faster. If your skillet is larger, it will still work, but will be a little thinner, so cooking time may be a bit less.