Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust). Sloppy Joe Pizza Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stuffed crust pizza is pizza with cheese and possibly other toppings added into the crust.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust)
- Prepare 1 can of refrigerated pizza dough (I use the thin crust version).
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 can of Sloppy Joe sauce of your choice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Cheese flavored French's French fried onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced red onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion.
- It’s 6 stick of colby string cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded colby cheese.
Sloppy joe filling can be baked inside bell peppers and topped with bubbling Parmesan cheese for a new spin on stuffed peppers. This recipe is definitely a keeper. One of the best stuffed pepper recipes I've had in a long time. Two of their favorites, sloppy joes and pizza, combined into one dish.
Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust) step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F (or whatever temp is recommended on pizza crust dough can).
- Saute red and yellow diced onions on medium heat in skillet using small amount of olive oil. Set aside sautéed onions.
- Brown pound of ground beef in skillet om medium heat and drain grease. After drained, add sauted onions and sloppy Joe sauce from can. Stir together and return to stove top.
- Cook browned ground beef, onion and sloppy Joe sauce according to can directions (usually heating on medium until it bubbles, then turn heat to low and simmer covered 5 to 10 minutes). Set mixture aside when complete..
- Unroll dough onto 8 x 12 cookie sheet.
- Place string cheese around edges of dough leaving about half inch of space between string cheese and edge of dough..
- Fold edges of dough over string cheese and press to seal to form stuffed crust.
- Crush 3/4 cup of the French's cheese french fried onions and press lightly into pizza crust dough..
- Par bake stuffed crust according to directions on can of pizza crust dough of your choice (usually 5 to 6 minutes).
- Allow par baked crust to cool 5 minutes, then evenly top with cooked sloppy Joe beef mixture.
- Top sloppy Joe beef mixture with shredded colby cheese evenly (I often end up sprinkling more on. Never have too much cheese…).
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup of uncrushed French's French fried cheese onions on top of shredded colby..
- Bake pizza in oven according to directions on crust can (in thin crust case, 10-12 minutes) or until edges are golden..
- Remove pizza from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes before cutting. Serve and Enjoy!.
Place pizza crust on baking sheet. The sweet and tangy Sloppy Joe Sauce pairs so well with ground beef, peppers and onions this Sloppy Joe Pizza recipe! I didn't actually eat the pizza crust, but the flavors of the ground beef, Thick and Hearty Sauce, cheese, and the sauteed peppers and onions were delicious! Sloppy Joe Stuffed Bread takes all the effort out of making individual sloppy joes! It's easy, delicious, and a meal your whole family will enjoy!