BBQ Chicken Pizza. I've made BBQ chicken pizza before and it is much easier to gauge how much you put in it by eye. Though store-bought crust is convenient, I suggest using homemade pizza dough for the BEST flavor. Homemade pizza crust is so much easier.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Pizza
- You need of Desired amount of the following:.
- You need of Prepared pizza crust (or pizza dough and follow instructions on how to make).
- You need of Chicken strips or breasts or shredded rotisserie chicken.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of BBQ sauce (your favorite brand).
- Prepare of Medium-sized red onion.
- You need of Sliced pineapple chunks (optional).
BBQ chicken pizza is right up there with our other favorite kinds of pizza—classic pepperoni, and chicken alfredo pizza with a delicious white sauce. When it comes to dinner, pizza is always a good. This is similar to the pizza available at the California Pizza Kitchen. It's great and really different from your traditional pizza.
BBQ Chicken Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Prepare all the ingredients..
- In a large pan cook the chicken until it’s done. Add desired amount of salt and pepper. Once done, shred finely and set aside..
- Cut the red onion into thin slices; set aside..
- Start assembling your pizzas! I layered my premade pizza crust with a little bit of BBQ sauce followed by: cheese, chicken, red onion slices, Parmesan, and then topped off with a little bit more BBQ sauce..
- Bake until the cheese has broiled and the pizza crust is a nice golden brown..
- Serve with a complimentary Caesar salad!.
This BBQ chicken pizza is topped with BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Are you a pizza lover like me? This BBQ Chicken Pizza with cilantro reminds me of a pizza we used to order at a local place when we lived in California. When we moved we had to make a version of our own at home and let me tell you. Wood fired pizza recipe topped with bbq sauce, chicken, red onions, and cilantro.