Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust. Check out this super easy way to make a homemade flatbread pizza crust in a cast iron skillet! How To Make Thin Crust Pizza. This crust has a nice bit of crunch, but it's pliable enough to fold in half if required.
Ingredients of Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust
- You need 1 tsp. of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of instant yeast (or active dry).
- You need 3/4 cup of warm water (between 100°-110°F).
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour (or bread flour).
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil + additional for brushing dough with.
- It’s 1 tsp. of garlic powder (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning (optional).
I used the ingredients listed but altered the directions somewhat. Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough. Top with desired toppings and sprinkle with cheese.
Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust instructions
- In a medium bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and water together and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, until it starts to turn frothy. Then add the flour, salt and olive oil. If you'the like to add the garlic powder and Italian seasoning for extra flavor, then add it now. Use a rubber spatula to combine everything together. The dough will be thick and shaggy..
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and use floured hands to knead it for 2 minutes, until it fully comes together and becomes smooth. If it's still sticky at all, add a little more flour as needed. Then place the dough into a large, greased bowl and cover it. Let it rest and rise a bit for 45 minutes. While you're waiting, go ahead and prepare your pizza toppings..
- After the 45 minutes are up, preheat your oven to 450°F. Punch the dough down to release any air and divide it in half. Use your hands to shape and stretch each half out on a lightly floured surface until it's 1/4 inch thick. You could use a rolling pin, if you'the like. Carefully transfer each one to a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork to poke holes across the dough and brush them both lightly with olive oil..
- Place on whatever toppings you'the like (in the picture, we went with a veggie pizza with peppers, onions and baby spinach). Bake for 12-20 minutes (times vary depending on how hot your oven runs) until the crust is lightly browned. Then slice it and serve..
The best homemade pizza made with homemade crust, quick tomato sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings. One base recipe takes you in many delicious directions. Today, I still love pizza as much as I did then—if not more. Only when it comes to celebration-worthy pizza (you know, for birthdays.or Friday nights), I much prefer the homemade. Pizza crust (homemade or store-bought), pesto, mozzarella, and sautéed onions produce magic.