Pizza Dough. Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- It’s 1 packages of Active Dry Yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Honey.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Warm Water.
- Prepare 3 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil.
Pizza Dough step by step
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast & honey with a 1/4 cup of the warm water..
- In a mixer with a dough hook, combine the flour & salt. Add the olive oil, yeast mixture, & the remaining of the water. Process until the mixture forms a ball. Mix on low speed until the mixture comes cleanly away from the sides of the bowl & starts to climb up the dough hook..
- Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface & knead by hand for 2 to 3 minutes longer. The dough should be smooth & firm. Place the dough in a large bowl & cover with a clean, damp towel & let rise in a cool spot for about 2 hours..
- Divide the dough into 3 or 4 portions. Wrap each section with a plastic wrap & freeze..
You'll use the dough hook on your stand mixer to combine the ingredients before. Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a round ball and transfer to your olive oil-brushed bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place. Whisk sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture. Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms.