Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Great recipe for Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza. If you are on a weight-management diet, this insanely delicious pizza will help you get through it. Cauliflower is the new kale, and it is glorious!
Ingredients of Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- It’s 2 cups of riced cauliflower.
- You need 1-1/3 cup of reduced fat shredded mozzarella, divided.
- It’s 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of no sugar added tomato sauce.
- It’s 10 slices of turkey pepperoni.
Cauliflower pizza crust is a delicious gluten-free, low-carb, keto alternative to your traditional pizza. Freeze it for later (yes, you can meal prep it!) or top it off with fresh ingredients for a healthy dinner recipe. While making pizza crust out of cauliflower may sound like a stretch, it actually works. The shredded cauliflower combines with the eggs and seasonings to bake into a very tasty But if your health is a priority, and a high carb doughy crust is out of the question, then this crust is a truly tasty alternative.
Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place riced cauliflower in microwave safe dish, uncovered. Microwave for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool, then mic in 1/3 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, egg, and salt..
- Form cauliflower mixture into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick, into a parchment-lined baking sheet or pizza pan..
- Bake until edges are browned, about 20 minutes..
- Top crust with tomato sauce, remaining mozzarella, and pepperoni..
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 7-10 minutes..
There's a healthy-sounding trend in the supermarket: pizza crustsmade of cauliflower. Sorry but Cauliflower Pizza Crusts Might Not Be That Healthy. Remember a few years ago, when your Paleo-eating, Crossfit-obsessed friends invited you over for cauliflower crust pizza? And as you forced a smile through one damp, flavorless mouthful after another, you thought this will never catch on. Make pizza healthy with this low-carb cauliflower pizza crust.