Completely homemade chicken madras pizzas. In this video we will see how to make pizza in tamil. Homemade pizza dough is easy to make, it is a slow but fun process. This is my recipe for chicken madras and it is the most popular recipe on the SpicyDinners.com website.
Ingredients of Completely homemade chicken madras pizzas
- It’s 3 of red onions.
- Prepare 2 of large chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of large green bell pepper.
- It’s of Madras curry paste (or madras curry powder).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 (400 g) of tin chopped tomatoes.
- You need of Mixed herbs.
- Prepare of Salt & ground black pepper.
- Prepare 350 g of plain flour.
- It’s 2 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Good quality oil.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Extra mature cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Grated mozzarella cheese.
This authentic chicken Madras dish is a must for those of you who enjoy a good old curry. Great recipe for Homemade Chicken MOMOS. #reststle. Learning how to make pizza at home? This recipe is a hearty, zesty main dish with a crisp, golden crust.
Completely homemade chicken madras pizzas step by step
- Chop one of the red onions into thin strips. Do the same with the green pepper. And chop the chicken breasts into small pieces. Place them into a large bowl..
- If you can't get madras paste, mix three tbsp of madras powder with water until it forms a paste. Then add three tbsp of the paste to the chicken, onion and pepper..
- Mix the paste into the chicken, onion and pepper well with your hands until fully coated. Cover in cling wrap and put into the fridge for 1 hour..
- Roughly chop the other red onions and the cloves of garlic. Fry in a pot for a few minutes or until soft. Add the chopped tomatoes, 1 heaped tbsp mixed herbs and salt & pepper to taste. Stir well and let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until well reduced..
- While the sauce is cooking make the dough. First preheat the oven to 200°c (fan)..
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour and baking powder with 1 tbsp of oil and 1 tsp salt. Mix well. Then add 170ml of water and mix with your hands until it forms a ball. Add more water if needed but the dough shouldn't be too sticky. Then knead the dough for 4-5 minutes until elastic and smooth. Set aside..
- Take the sauce from the pan and blitz it until smooth. This can be done in a food processor or with a handheld blitzer if you prefer..
- Remove the chicken, onion and pepper mixture from the fridge and fry it in a pan (preferably non stick) with a bit of oil until the chicken is just cooked and the pepper and onion are softening..
- Go back to the dough and separate it into 2 even balls, weigh the dough out if you want. Place each ball of dough onto a lightly floured surface and using a rolling in roll each ball out into a rough circle. Make it as thin as you can becuase it will puff up in the oven..
- Line two flat baking trays with grease proof paper and place each base onto a tray. Place the tray into the oven for 5 minutes, no longer. They will have started to puff up and the base will be solid enough to add toppings..
- Split the sauce between the two bases and smooth out, not going to the edges so there's a crust. Then lightly cover the sauce with an even mixture of cheddar and mozzarella..
- Split the chicken, pepper and onion mixture between the bases. Then top with more cheddar and mozzarella..
- Put the pizzas back into the oven for 12 minutes or until the cheese is brown and the base is crispy. Serve however you like, I served mine with a simple salad..
Feel free to use whatever toppings your family enjoys on this homemade pizza recipe. —Marianne Edwards, Lake Stevens, Washington. If you're a curry fan, this one is for you. This was an instant hit and is still one of my most popular dishes to this day. A great mid-week treat – this chicken madras can be made as mild or spicy as you like. Serve with rice or naan breads.