Neapolitan pizza (including the dough). The way the fior di latte melts into the tomato sauce, the bright taste of basil and perfectly leoparded dough, each bite is more perfect than the last. Neapolitan pizza showcases the beauty of Italian cooking, which is taking a few simple ingredients and making something flavorful and memorable. This classic Neapolitan pizza dough relies on only five key ingredients: flour, yeast, salt, water, and time.
Ingredients of Neapolitan pizza (including the dough)
- It’s of Pizza dough.
- It’s 800 g of flour “00” (Caputo pizza “00” flour recommended).
- It’s 500 ml of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 25 g of salt.
- Prepare 1 g of dried yeast.
- You need 10 g of sugar.
- It’s 25 g of olive oil.
Once ready, place the Neapolitan pizza dough aside to rest on a flat surface, covering it with a damp cloth so it doesn't dry out. Neapolitan pizza is considered the OG of the worldwide staple, and this recipe lives up to the tradition with a springy, flavorful crust. The dough's cold, slow rise in the refrigerator is a major. Use a flour specifically formulated for Neapolitan pizza.
Neapolitan pizza (including the dough) instructions
- Put the flour in a large bowl and add the water to one end. Add the salt to the water to dissolve at the same end. Then add the yeast and mix into the flour at the other end. Following this mix it all together. Then add the sugar followed by the oil and mix some more..
- Now the mixture should be combined ready to knead. Knead for 15 to 20 minutes. Then shape into a ball and cover to rest for 20 minutes with the bowl..
- Then shape into a long baguette and cut into 6 pieces (for 6 pizzas). Flour the bowl and place the 6 pieces inside, cover with a damp tea towel for 6-8 hours..
- After this the dough should have increased in size. This is now ready for use. You can stretch each dough ball out to make the pizza base..
- Place the base into a hot pan to cook. While in the pan you can add your toppings, squashed fresh tomatoes are great for the base with toppings of your choice. Here we have half mozzarella and basil and half with added nduja and olives. Cook in the pan until the base is browned underneath around 5-10 minutes..
- Next place the pan under a pre-heated grill to cook the top around 10 minutes or until the toppings are cooked and the pizza is lightly browned. Buon appetito!.
In a stand mixer with dough hook attached, combine hot water, yeast, sugar or honey and EVOO. Combine flours and salt in a bowl. Once the loaves are formed, a second leavening takes place in boxes for food of variable duration, depending on the temperature and humidity of the environment and the absorption of. Always weigh your ingredients (including water!) to ensure your dough is made to the recipe. But great pizza can be made with some basic strong white bread flour if that's al you can find.