Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce. Pork loin steak cooks quickly and is complemented by the rich sauce and contrasting sharpness of the apples. Add the remaining butter to the pan with the mustard, sherry, cream and seasoning. Stir until smooth, adding a little water if the sauce is a little too thick.
Ingredients of Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce
- You need of pork loin steaks (about 200g each).
- It’s of chicken stock.
- Prepare of small shallots, thinly sliced.
- You need of or so coarse mustard.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- You need of fresh thyme.
- You need of sugar (optional).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of To taste, salt and pepper.
How to Make Perfect Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin Steaks with Scallion-Ginger Salsa. Mustard Pork Loin Roast is wonderfully tender, with a tasty mustard sauce. A recipe easy enough for weeknights and special enough for holidays and It is wide enough to cut steak-like pieces from it. Many people will purchase a whole loin and then divide it into two or three portions, freezing whatever.
Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce instructions
- Pat pork steaks dry, pound them thin, season with salt and pepper, and let sit for 10 minutes..
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat..
- Cook steaks until they have a nice sear and are done but still juicy, about 4 minutes or so on one side, then flip and cook for 2 1/2 or so on the other..
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. Wipe off excess grease, turn heat down to medium-low, then add 1/2 the butter, shallots, and thyme to the pan..
- When the shallots are soft and brown, add the stock, mustard, and rest of the butter..
- Lower heat and simmer until sauce reduces. Be sure to taste and adjust: add sugar and/or water if too salty or too sour. Can also add more butter or some cream if you want it thicker..
- When the sauce is done, remove the cooked thyme sprigs, pour sauce into a separate bowl or over the pork, and serve..
Here's a simple recipe for pork steaks or chops. All you do is baste the meat with a sauce that consists of butter, lemon juice and garlic. Then I poured off the marinade & mixed in the butter & brought it to a boil & then basted the pork steaks as recipe suggests. Slice the pork and serve with the roasted garlic and the mustard sauce. Our most popular pork cut, succulent pork loin.