Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches. Our homemade mashed potatoes served with gravy, cheddar cheese, and your choice of pulled pork or pulled chicken. This slow cooker Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce will be the most tender, moist, and flavourful you've ever had in your life! No self respecting BBQ Shack would cook pulled pork in a slow cooker.
Ingredients of Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches
- Prepare of ● For The Shredded BBQ Pork & Chicken.
- You need of Pork Sirloin Tip Roast.
- You need of Rotisserie Chicken.
- You need of Beef Broth.
- You need of Chicken Broth.
- It’s of LG Chopped Jalapeno Peppers [deseeded].
- It’s of Chopped Green Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- You need of Chopped White Onion.
- It’s of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Ground Cumin.
- You need of Hot Paprika.
- You need of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- It’s of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- You need of Bottle Sweet Baby Rays Sauce [+ reserves].
- It’s of ● For The Beads.
- Prepare of LG Hawaiian Rolls.
- It’s of ● For The Toppers [as needed].
- You need of Thin Sliced Onions.
- You need of Vlasic Kosher Dill Pickles.
- It’s of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
Hi Mike, Thank you for the question. I'm thankful you've found Taste of Southern. I cook with the fat down so I can get that "bark" texture on the outer. This was my first time making pulled pork and I won't ever bother looking for a different recipe.
Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches instructions
- Your shreded Rotisserie Chicken and Pork Sirloin Tip Roast pictured..
- Simmer for 2 hours covered. Add water if needed as the broth dissipates..
- Drain and shred your pork..
- Add your full bottle of Sweet Baby Rays. Mix well..
- Mix everything together..
- Use oversized sweet Hawaiian rolls..
- Garnish with thin sliced onions, lettuce and pickles. Serve with Bourbon Baked Beans. See my recipe if interested. Enjoy!.
This is one of those wonderful recipes that you don't forget. Our next door neighbor is a smokehouse bbq restaurant whose bbq is some of the best in the state and we liked this pulled pork better than his! Mike's BBQ Sauce & Spice Rub. I like BBQ pulled pork, I like coleslaw, I like pickles…but together, it was on a completely different plane of food awesomeness. Remove the fries, then place the pork in the center of the tray.