Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches. French Fries, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Mac & Cheese, BBQ Beans, Mom's Pinto Beans, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, or Garlic Bread. This slow cooker Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce will be the most tender, moist, and flavourful you've ever had in your life! No self respecting BBQ Shack would cook pulled pork in a slow cooker.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
- Prepare of ● For The Pulled Pork.
- You need of Bone In Pork Shoulder Roast [left whole].
- You need of Cans Beef Broth.
- You need of Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- You need of LG White Onion [chopped].
- You need of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare of Garlic [minced].
- Prepare of LG Jalapeño Peppers [minced].
- It’s of Small Can Hatch Green Chilies.
- It’s of Liquid Smoke [not extract – just plain ole' liquid smoke].
- It’s of Paprika.
- You need of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of ● For The Garnishments & Extras.
- It’s of LG Purple Onion [sliced].
- You need of Chilled Clausens Dill Pickles [slices or whole – no substitutions].
- Prepare of Tiger Sauce [= 1 medium tub sour cream mixed with 1 small bottle quality horseradish].
- Prepare of Pre-made Chilled Cole Slaw [optional].
- It’s of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce [+ reserves for sandwich topping].
- You need of ● For The Bread Options.
- Prepare of Thick Slices Artisanal Bread.
- Prepare of LG Ciabatta Buns.
- It’s of LG Hamburger Buns.
Return the shredded meat to the roasting pan. When it comes to BBQ nothing beats a good, simple, pulled pork sandwich. And with this recipe, anyone can smoke a pork butt with this guaranteed "no fail" method to making the perfect pulled pork sandwich. Pulled pork sauces are frequently optional, and are never added while the pork is cooking, only after it is pulled.
Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches instructions
- Here's all you'll need. Tiger Sauce ingredients not pictured. No room..
- Using a small amount of oil – pan sear your pork roast on high on all sides without burning it. Then, flip her over – fat side up..
- From your ● Pulled Pork Section – whisk two cans of your beef broth and all spices together. Pour mixture into your pot..
- Chop your vegetables from your ● Pulled Pork Section and add to your pot. Add your third can of beef broth if needed. If not, save it and, the 4th can for later as your original broth will eventually boil down. Also, slice your purple onions and refrigerate them for your garnish..
- Allow roast to simmer for at least 2 1/2 hours minimum – stove top – with a tight fitting lid. I allow mine to go for 4 hours. Carefully flip her over occasionally for even cooking and moisture retention. You'll know she's done when you can easily shred her apart with two forks. Or, the pork bone pulls out with ease..
- In the meantime, prepare your Tiger Sauce. Mix 1 medium tub Sour Cream and a small jar of a quality Horseradish Sauce. Know chives are a fantastic addition to this sauce as well if you have them on hand. Allow sauce to chill in the fridge for a few hours – stirring occasionally..
- When your roast is easily shreadable by fork – drain, but retain its delicious leftover broth. You can utilize it in almost any dish you create over the next week. Even a simple dish like Top Ramen! Pick out any fatty deposits..
- Place shredded meat mixture back into your pot and add your DELICIOUS Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce amounts to your liking and mix. Moist or dry, it's all up to you! But, we always go wet! It's unanimous! We even re-coat our sandwiches with it upon serving. Reheat shredded pork..
- Generously pile your sweet pulled pork on to your bread [you'll definitely want a sturdy bread] of choice and add your chilled purple onions. Also, drizzle your Tiger Sauce and additional SBR's on your sandwiches to taste. Top sandwiches with chilled Cole Slaw and dill pickles if desired. Or, serve pickle halves to the side. You'll need them to cut the sweetness of the SBR's. The Clausens Dill Pickle brand is absolutely the best one out there! Trust me. I know my pickles! ;0) You'll find them in your refrigerated section of your local market..
- Enjoy your Summer and your sandwiches!.
This "best odds" sauce uses simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry and gives you the best chance of making an outstanding and flavorful pulled pork sandwich. Easy pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches that are easy and fast to make. Homemade BBQ sauce is sweet, smokey, and spicy. The name of this BBQ sauce sums it up pretty darn well, sweet and spicy! But it's also very vinegary thanks to the apple cider vinegar and mustard.