Japanese Pork Yakiniku Rice. Beef, pork, chicken are usually thinly sliced for quick grilling and are grilled indoors. The diners sit around the table with the grill in the middle and pieces are quickly grilled and eaten at the table a few pieces at a time. This type of barbecue is called yakiniku which translates to grilled meat. cookingwithdog.com.
Ingredients of Japanese Pork Yakiniku Rice
- It’s of Pork belly.
- It’s of Spring onion.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
- Prepare of Yellow pepper(diced).
- Prepare of Cheese slices.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Kimchi (optional).
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Sake.
- Prepare of Mirin.
- You need of caster sugar.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
The extra sauce from Shogayaki seeps I just made this dish for myself and my mother and we both loved it. I served it over fresh sicky rice and. This is basically similar to the Japanese Gyudon rice bowl but I had it easily replicated using sliced pork collar instead and to be honest, I think I much prefer the pork version ! Maybe I am not too much of a beef eater in the first place.
Japanese Pork Yakiniku Rice step by step
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together..
- Take 5 Tablespoons of sauce to marinate the pork belly for 5 minutes..
- Heat the pan without adding in any oil. Put in the pork belly and fry it..
- Add in the cold cooked rice and diced yellow pepper..
- Pour in the remaining sauce and half of the chopped spring onion..
- Add in butter and rest of the spring onion and then mix them all well..
- Turn the heat down a bit and flatten the rice. Sprinkle some cheese on the top and then put the lid on until the cheese melted. Seasoning with some salt and black pepper. Done!!.
- Enjoy this lovely Yakiniku rice with some kimchi… 😋.
And for those who doesn't take beef at all, I would think this is a very. Japanese Simmered Beef and Rice Bowls Recipe Gyudon Pork yakiniku. Hot pan fried pork yakiniku with rice and soup Japanese grill beef rice ,Yakiniku Don,Gyuu Don. Japanese rice refers to a number of short-grain cultivars of Japonica rice including ordinary rice (uruchimai) and glutinous rice (mochigome). Ordinary Japanese rice, or uruchimai (粳米), is the staple of the Japanese diet and consists of short translucent grains.