Thick Cut Pork Chops with Super Easy Bulgogi-Inspired Sauce. Juicy thick cut pork chops are simple to prepare and the result can rival any traditional beef steak. And they are way cheaper to buy too. Making a perfect pork chop is completely easy.
Ingredients of Thick Cut Pork Chops with Super Easy Bulgogi-Inspired Sauce
- You need of Sauce:.
- Prepare of sugar, depending on how sweet you like things.
- It’s of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s of unsalted liquid – water or unsalted chicken, beef, or vegetable stock.
- You need of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare of toasted sesame oil.
- You need of Chops:.
- You need of thick cut pork chops, seasoned to taste with salt and pepper and rubbed with 1 teaspoon oil total.
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- Prepare of green onion, chopped.
A double-cut pork chop is a thicker two-bone chop, which means it's less likely to dry out when cooking. We love pork chops in the week. This recipe is made more special with an apple-flavoured mash, a dash of horseradish cream and a. An easy Spicy Korean Pork Bulgogi recipe made with thin slices of pork belly and a sweet gochujang sauce that can be served with a side of rice.
Thick Cut Pork Chops with Super Easy Bulgogi-Inspired Sauce instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Then, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, low sodium soy sauce, liquid, and crushed garlic, and turn the heat on to medium, letting the sauce come to a simmer for a couple of minutes until all the sugar is dissolved..
- Add your toasted sesame oil and let the sauce simmer for another minute..
- Preheat an oven safe pan to high and sear the chops for 2 minutes per side..
- Put the pan in the oven and let the chops roast for somewhere between 9 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops and your desired doneness. Ours were about 1-inch thick and I'd already taken them out of the fridge for about 45 minutes, so they came out medium after 10 minutes. (Which is actually *slightly* more cooked than I like white meat pork chops.).
- While the chops are roasting in the oven, bring your sauce back up to a gentle simmer over low heat..
- When the chops are done, take them out of the oven and let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing them into roughly 1/3" thick slices..
- Place them on your serving platter, making sure to pour any of the juices left from slicing the chops over the slices (extra flavor!). Then pour the bulgogi sauce on top..
- Garnish with chopped green onions and enjoy!.
Ingredients for spicy korean pork bulgogi. Pork – I like to use pork belly for this recipe, but this recipe also works with pork shoulder. The easiest recipe for tender, juicy pork chops that turn out perfectly every time. Transfer the pork chops to a plate and pour any pan juices over the top (or reserve for making a pan sauce or gravy). Amongst many, (Spicy) Pork bulgogi, Dwaeji Bulgogi (돼지불고기), Gochujang Bulgogi (고추장 불고기) and Jeyuk Bokkeum (제육볶음) are all First of all, it's spicy!