Hearty Barbeque Flavored Pork-Wrapped Chikuwa Fish Sticks. In addition to its impressive high-gloss appearance and savory taste, this Chinese barbeque pork is quite easy to make at home–even without a fancy ceramic grill. Place pork sections into sauce and coat each piece. Fish Flavored Shredded Pork recipe teaches you how to cook this famous fish-flavored Sichuan dish, which tastes sweet, sour, salty and fresh.
Ingredients of Hearty Barbeque Flavored Pork-Wrapped Chikuwa Fish Sticks
- Prepare of Chikuwa.
- Prepare of to 250 grams Thinly sliced pork belly.
- It’s of Flour.
- It’s of Seasoning ingredients:.
- Prepare of ★ Water.
- You need of ★ Ketchup.
- Prepare of ★ Sake.
- Prepare of ★ Sugar.
- You need of each ★ Japanese style Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce.
- It’s of ★ Grated garlic.
Chikuwa is a tube-shaped Japanese fishcake made from surimi fish paste and egg white seasoned with salt and sugar. The mixture is wrapped around a bamboo skewer and grilled or steamed. Enjoy a rich stew of pork loin, carrots, parsnips and squash. Best of all your slow cooker does all the work.
Hearty Barbeque Flavored Pork-Wrapped Chikuwa Fish Sticks step by step
- Cut the chikuwa in half to make 8 pieces. Wrap each piece with the pork. Mix the ★ ingredients together..
- Coat the pork wrapped chikuwa with flour. Heat some oil in a frying pan and pan fry the rolls..
- When browned on all sides, add the combined ★ ingredients. Cook over high heat while coating the rolls with the sauce, and it's done..
- Transfer to serving plates and serve with parsley, lettuce, mizuna greens etc. on the side..
- One user "Kosamamam" tried wrapping green beans in pork! They're so cute..
They have a slightly sweet flavor that goes nicely with pork. Other Pins. · Gungjung tteokbokki is Korean rice cake dish that originated from royal court cuisine! It's mildly flavored with a soy sauce based sauce. Yuxiang shredded pork is a common dish in Sichuan cuisine. Yuxiang is one of main traditional flavors in Sichuan.