Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu). Char siu, or Chinese BBQ Pork, is a delicious Cantonese roast meat. Make authentic Chinatown char siu at home with our restaurant-quality recipe! To make char siu, pork is marinated in a sweet BBQ sauce and then roasted.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu)
- You need of For Meat.
- You need of pork shoulder steaks.
- It’s of For Marinade.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of five spice powder.
- It’s of paprika.
- It’s of white pepper.
- You need of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Chinese rice wine.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Prepare of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- You need of honey.
Also called Chinese BBQ Pork, it's finger licking good and you're going to be shocked how easy it is to make the Char Siu sauce that's used to marinade the pork. Chinese Barbecue Pork (Char Siu Pork). Chinese BBQ Pork Recipe – Char Siu หมูแดง. Share this with your friends via Chinese BBQ pork is loved the world over, and it's not hard to make at home!
Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu) step by step
- Put all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl to mix a sauce.
- Use the sauce to marinate pork in refrigerator overnight. Leave 2 tablespoon of the sauce for glazing.
- Preheat an oven in grill mode at 200c.
- Set the marinated pork on a roasting rack (to have air flow below the meat). Cook on one side for 20 minutes.
- Flip the pork and glaze the sauce on another side and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Flip the pork again to glaze the sauce on the remaining side and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Let the pork rest for 10-15 minutes and then enjoy!.
With some key ingredients and a couple of technique, it might even be better than buying, actually, it probably will be. This Char Siu pork tastes just like the pork at your favorite Chinese restaurant. Caramelized on the outside, nice and tender on the inside. Most Chinese restaurants will serve Char Sui as a side dish or appetizer. At my favorite Chinese restaurant, they will serve this with the main entree alongside the.