Lisa's banana pudding from scratch. Banana Pudding HOMEMADE from Scratch Recipe. Perfect for Christmas or any Holiday ! So easy, a lot easier than you would think.
Ingredients of Lisa's banana pudding from scratch
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 4 of eggs separated at room temp.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 box of nilla wafers.
- It’s 4 of bananas.
Cook the Mixture: Cook the milk and dry ingredient mixture over medium heat and stir until it begins to thicken and it just starts to bubble. banana pudding from scratch This is the same recipe that my mother has made for years, and it is often said that it was this pudding that helped her snag her husband. I have noticed a few problems people have been having with the recipe, and as usual it is not problems really with the recipe, but with the person/and or technique used while. The homemade banana pudding is sweet, luscious, and smooth with big nostalgic appeal. The texture from the wafers and the bananas, both suspended in thick and creamy, is pure good old-fashioned comfort food in a bowl.
Lisa's banana pudding from scratch instructions
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour and salt..
- Stir in egg yolks and milk. Blend well..
- Cook uncovered on medium heat until bringing to boil..
- Stirring constantly until thickets. Remove from heat..
- Add vanilla extract..
- Spread mixture over layers of bills wafers and sliced bananas..
- Use remaining sugar and egg whites from merengue on top. Stirring together until it thickens..
- Bake at 425°F for about five minutes or until top is brown..
If you've never made Nilla Wafer banana pudding from scratch, you're going to love it. Banana pudding is one of those desserts that has a classic old-school connotation. You might think of it as an hours-long process to get the perfect dessert for the church potluck or a quick treat to whip up with pre-made ingredients like Cool Whip and Jell-O pudding. My husband thinks of this recipe as the former and his childhood favorite dessert made by his grandmother. Easy Banana Pudding is so simple to whip up for any occasion.