Hello everybody, I wish you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, zuppa di mussels. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Zuppa di Mussels is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Zuppa di Mussels is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Add the mussels, a touch of water and cover to steam until the mussels open. This is a delicious Italian first course soup, as good with mussels as it is with clams. The servings are large, so adjust accordingly if desired. Time does not include preparing the clams.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have zuppa di mussels using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Zuppa di Mussels:
- Take 2 lb fresh live mussels
- Get 1 head fresh garlic
- Get 1/2 bottle of pino grigio white wine
- Make ready 1 can 28oz chopped & diced tomatoes
- Prepare 2 large shallots
- Get 1 fresh lemon
- Take 1 tbsp salt
- Take 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare 6 fresh basil leaves
- Take 1 tbsp rough chopped fresh parsley
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
Add the cleaned mussels and sauté, this will add a lot of shellfish flavor to the pan and the mussels will start to open and let their liqueur out. In Italy, my sister and I ate pounds and pounds of zuppa di cozze. mussels in broth! In a saucepan, heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and. Zuppa di cozze ligure - a light but highly flavourful dish.
Steps to make Zuppa di Mussels:
- Clean & scrub mussels with fresh water.
- Heat olive oil in pot & add diced garlic & shallots.
- When golden add mussels, wine & tomatoes with juice (before adding tomatoes put in bowl & hand crush the tomatoes)
- Add all other ingredients including the juice of the fresh lemon except for the basil & parsley.
- Let cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes occasionally stirring from bottom to ensure all the mussels cook evenly & open.
- When all mussels have opened turn off heat & add roughly hand torn basil & parsley & stir
- Pour into bowl & discard any mussels that did not open & serve with crostinis. Toast slices of whole wheat Italian bread drizzled with olive oil & sprinkle with Italian herb seasoning & after toasting rub with fresh garlic. The crostinis are awsome for dunking in the sauce & scooping up the garlic & shallots.
In a saucepan, heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and. Zuppa di cozze ligure - a light but highly flavourful dish. Zuppa di cozze ligure - un piatto leggero ma molto saporito. Il nome suggerisce di essere originario della Liguria, ma piatti simili si trovano lungo. Learn how we make "Zuppa di Mussels!" PagesBusinessesFood & drinkRestaurantAmerican RestaurantColumbia Inn RestaurantVideosHow to Make "Zuppa di Mussels"..(Bouillabaisse) Mussel Salad Mussel Soup (Zuppa Di Cozze) Mussel et Scallop Spaghetti Mussels in White Wine Neapolitan Seafood Salad Pan-Fried Prawns (Shrimp).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food zuppa di mussels recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!