Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect West Indies Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best West Indies Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to West Indies Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Dollars.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
Begin with exchanging the bulbs. This will certainly go outside of the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. You need to change your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these kinds of bulbs last as long as ten of the conventional type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that is good. It goes further than just swapping the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. The kitchen lights in particular will often be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house also. Do an exercise if you like; take a look at how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off when you don’t need them.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty easy to live green, after all. It’s about being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to west indies curry recipe. You can have west indies curry using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare West Indies Curry:
- Provide 1 pound chicken breast or breast cutlets
- You need 1 large onion
- Take 4 garlic cloves
- Prepare 1/2 cup dark rum
- Prepare 1 can coconut milk
- Get 2 stalks lemon grass
- You need 3 thai peppers (habanero or jalapeño also work)
- Take 3 bunches thai pepper
- Provide Salt for seasoning
- Take 2 tablespoons thai red curry paste
Instructions to make West Indies Curry:
- In a large ziplock leave the following refrigerated overnight or for at least 2 hrs. Slice the chicken into 1.5 inch dices (about 7 per breast). Chop half the large onion in big chunks, 2 thai peppers, half a cup of dark rum, 2 of the 4 garlic cloves tiny chopped and half of the lemongrass stalks.
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Only remove the chicken from the ziplock fry until cooked (aprox 7-10 min). Season chicken with salt.
- In a different pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add half a cut onion (julienned) and the rest of the garlic and lemongrass. Aprox 3-5 min, bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked chicken and 3/4 of the coconut milk, thai basil leaves into the pan with the veggies, cook for 2 min and then add the red curry paste. Bring down temperature stir and cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Serve with alone or with Jasmine rice.
If you find this West Indies Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.