Homemade Fudgy Brownies.
Ingredients of Homemade Fudgy Brownies
- It’s of Brownie Batter:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 8 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of + 2 tbsp. all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s of Frosting:.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of heavy cream or half & half.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s pinch of salt.
Homemade Fudgy Brownies instructions
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate together, stirring constantly, until completely smooth. Then, remove from heat and pour the butter and chocolate mix into a large mixing bowl. Set it aside to cool slightly for 10 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9" baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang around the edges to easily lift out the finished brownies. Set it aside..
- Once the butter / chocolate mix has slightly cooled, whisk in the granulated and brown sugar. Then whisk in the eggs, one at a time, whisking well between each egg. Whisk in the vanilla..
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Then fold in the chocolate chips..
- Pour the mix into the prepared baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs (the toothpick shouldn't come out clean, that means the brownies are overcooked)..
- Place the pan onto a wire rack and allow them to cool completely. Once cooled, remove the brownies from the pan (if frosting, now's the time) and slice them into squares with a sharp knife..
- For the optional milk chocolate frosting : sift together the confectioners sugar and cocoa powder to ensure there are no lumps. Set that aside. In a medium bowl, cream the butter using a hand held or stand mixer. Gradually add the sugar / cocoa powder mix and the cream and vanilla in batches, then mix until everything is combined and incorporated. Frost the brownies only once they're completely cooled..
- Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week..
- Brownies can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, place them in the refrigerator overnight..