Lemon Pound Cake.
Ingredients of Lemon Pound Cake
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 1/2 sticks (10 ounces) of salted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of finely grated lemon zest.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
Lemon Pound Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9 x 13” metal baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, Grease the paper, and flour the pan..
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt..
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Script on the side of the bowl as needed..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Be in the lemon zest and vanilla..
- On the speed, alternate adding the flour mixture in the milk mixture to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture..
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and spread it evenly. Tap the bottom of the pan on the worksurface to get rid of any air bubbles..
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 15 minutes..
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. If necessary, loosen the cake from the sides of the pan with a small knife. Carefully flip the cake upside down onto the wire rack, peel off the parchment paper, and then turn the cake right side up onto the rack to cool completely..