Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola). Tender and moist gluten free banana cake that's made easily in one bowl with a rice flour blend, and a sweet cream cheese frosting. This banana cake is softer and more tender than my recipe for the perfect one bowl gluten free banana bread (a recipe I've been making in one form or another for over. This gluten free banana cake is ideal for using up those over-ripe bananas.
Ingredients of Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola)
- Prepare 2 of large ripe plantains(as ripe as possible).
- It’s 4-5 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of clarified butter or ghee.
- You need pods of Cardamom 4 to 5 no.s.
- It’s of Cashew nuts as needed to decorate.
- Prepare of Raisins as needed to decorate.
Gluten free, paleo friendly, and absolutely amazing! My kids go through phases with bananas. And of course, if you're not gluten free just sub whole wheat pastry or all purpose for the. As an alternative to wheat flour, banana flour can be used to make gluten-free, Paleo-friendly baked goods (and other recipes).
Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) instructions
- Cut the plantains length wise. Remove the seeds from inside and chop it into small pieces. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of sugar (depending on the sweetness of banana) and keep it aside.
- Fry 5 to 6 cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and keep it aside. This is used to garnish the banana cake..
- Heat a non stick pan with 3 to 4 tbsp of clarified butter or ghee. When the ghee starts to become hot, add the chopped bananas and cook it in low to medium flame until it is light golden brown in color and cooked well. Turn off the heat and wait it till the mixture cools down..
- In a separate bowl, break 4 large eggs, add 3 tbsp of sugar, 4 cardamom pods, a pinch of salt (to balance the sweetness) and 1/4 cup milk. Blend this mixture very well using a folk or by using a blender..
- Add the chopped bananas into the egg- milk batter and mix well to form a batter. At this point you may check the sweetness in the batter and add more sugar as per your taste..
- Heat a non stick pan, add few tbsp of ghee to it. When it becomes hot, pour the batter to it. Cover the pan and cook it in very low heat. When the top portion is about set,place the fried cashews and raisins on the top. This is done so that it won’t submerge inside the batter. Close the lid and continue to cook the batter in low heat..
- Wait till the top sets and side starts to become brown or starts to detach from the pan. It might take about 10-15 mins. The cake will be cooked when the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- At this point demould the cake to a plate and reverse it. Put it back into the pan with the top facing down. This will allow the top side to cook and change the color to golden brown. Keep it for 5 mins or so. Make sure to do this step in low heat as well. Your banana cake is now ready. Serve hot with coffee !.
But is this option Once dried, the flour from green bananas actually has a beige color. It's lighter and fluffier than almond or coconut flour. Banana cake is always a favourite, and for those of us who can't have gluten, there's no need to miss out! Until tonight when I made this recipe I had never tried banana cake before and I wasn't really sure what to expect. But I was happily surprised that it was a very light In a medium bowl, whisk together the bean flour,sorghum flour, tapioca flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, egg.