Salted Caramel Thumbprints. Let me tell you, these little thumbprint cookies are. Covered in chopped nuts and drizzled with chocolate, these cookies are delicious and pretty, too. Everybody looks forward to munching on them during the holidays.
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Thumbprints
- It’s of cookies:.
- Prepare 6 oz of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s of caramel:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy wipping cream.
Yummly. thumbprints with salted caramel, salted caramel thumbprint recipe, how to make thumbprints, salted caramel sauce, holiday baking, holiday cookie. This sweet and salty combination is a new twist on the classic shortbread thumbprint. Thumbprint cookies are often filled with jam, but not these salted caramel cookies. We stuff each salted caramel dessert with a melted caramel (naturally) and top with a rich.
Salted Caramel Thumbprints step by step
- Use an electric mixer to cream together the butter, sugar and egg. Add vanilla. Separately, sift together the flour and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix just until the dough comes together. Refrigerate for 1 hour, up to overnight..
- Scoop level tablespoons of dough (I use a cookie scoop from Crate and Barrel…it’s priceless.) and roll into balls..
- Place on a silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheet. Hold the cookie steady with one hand and press a light indentation into the top of each with your finger. (I like a pretty big indentation because, let’s face it, the caramel is the best part.) Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes, until they’re barely golden on the sides. Remove from oven and immediately re-poke your thumbprints if they’ve faded. (You can use the tip of a wooden spoon if too hot.) Let them cool. While they’re cooling, make the caramel..
- Combine the sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a medium saucepan (high sides). Do not stir. Cook over medium-high heat to a dark caramel color, swirling as it begins to brown to distribute the sugar. While the sugar and water are going at it, heat up the cream in a saucepan or microwave just until warm..
- Take off the heat and add your room temperature butter. Whisk the butter in, being sure it’s totally combined. Add your warmed cream and whisk vigorously. Mixture will bubble, then settle down to a velvety caramel..
- By now your cookies should be cooled. Spoon as much warm caramel as you can into the indentations of your cookies and top with sea salt..
Perfectly delicious and rich Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies will become your most favorite cookie recipe ever! Caramel and chocolate lovers won't be able to resist these. And I get my butt in gear! Lucky you, I've already started my baking and am excited to share these Salted Caramel Thumbprints with you! Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies are a fun variation on a classic cookie.