Caramel popcorn. This Caramel Popcorn is spectacularly delicious and not meant for compulsive eaters because It is utterly addictive. I was worried I wouldn't have any Caramel Popcorn left to photograph because I. Popcorn is coated with brown sugar and corn syrup caramel then baked for a crunchy treat.
Ingredients of Caramel popcorn
- You need 6 cups of air popped popcorn.
- Prepare 2/3 cups of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of light corn syrup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
Make this with or without corn syrup – I've discovered the. Making crunchy caramel popcorn is a two step process. First you make a simple caramel sauce on the stovetop by boiling butter and brown sugar for a few minutes. Then you coat the popcorn with.
Caramel popcorn step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large saucepan, add the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat, add the vanilla and baking soda and pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir everything together. Tumble the mixture on your prepared baking sheet and spread in a thin layer, bake them for 1 hour giving them a stir every 20 minutes..
- Allow them to cool at room temperature then break them up into bits once cooled..
It's a little crunchier than our caramel marshmallow popcorn, but the buttery caramel coating is undeniably. once you start hearing the corn popping and the popping has stopped remove it immediately from the heat so that it doesn't start burning. put the popcorn to the side to start making the caramel. This Caramel Popcorn hits all the notes! With just a few ingredients you'll have the best, freshest, caramel corn you've ever tasted and you'll never go back to the bagged or microwaved variety again! This sweet and salty caramel popcorn recipe (AKA caramel corn) is simple to make and impossible to stop eating. The caramel cools to a brittle candied shell around freshly popped popcorn.