Ogura (Japanese Adzuki Bean Paste) and Green Tea Bread.
Ingredients of Ogura (Japanese Adzuki Bean Paste) and Green Tea Bread
- It’s 240 grams of Strong bread flour.
- It’s 60 grams of Plain cake flour.
- Prepare 5 grams of Matcha.
- You need 20 grams of Sugar.
- You need 4 grams of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 210 ml of total Milk, plus the egg listed above.
- You need 30 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 5 grams of Dried yeast.
- It’s 120 grams of Adzuki beans paste (I used a can).
Ogura (Japanese Adzuki Bean Paste) and Green Tea Bread step by step
- Put all the ingredients except the aduki beans in a bread maker. Press start on the dough setting..
- After the dough has proofed, punch the air out gently and let it sit for 20 minutes..
- Roll out the dough into a 20 cm x 35 cm rectangle. Spread the adzuki bean paste evenly on the surface, leaving a 2 cm border at the far end..
- Roll up the dough from the nearest end and seal the joint well..
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces with a knife or bench scraper..
- Arrange the dough in a greased tin with the cut ends facing up..
- Cover with plastic wrap (I used a shower cap I bought at a dollar shop). Leave to proof at about 95°F/35°C for about 40 minutes until the dough swells to 2 cm below the edge of the tin..
- Bake first at 390°F/200°C for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 340°F/170°C. Bake for another 20 minutes (it burns easily, so cover with aluminum foil if necessary). After baking remove from the oven and drop the bread from a height of 30 cm to remove excess air..
- This is the bread I made this time. It doesn't look great, unfortunately…I might make it into a braided shape before baking next time..