New york style Cheesecake with berry reduction. New York style cheesecake is also always baked and contains very simple ingredients. It's a no-frills cheesecake that packs a punch in flavor and texture. Do you think the substitution will ruin the cake when you say the texture will be different?
Ingredients of New york style Cheesecake with berry reduction
- You need 3 (8 ounce) of cream cheese packages.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of natural yogurt.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Vanilla extract.
- You need 3 tbs of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need of For the base:.
- Prepare 2 packages of graham crackers.
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Vodka.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need of For the reduction:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Blueberries.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Strawberries.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherries.
This post may contain affiliate links. Stir in blueberries and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the berries break down. New York Style Cheesecake is a creamy, classic cheesecake with a layer of sour cream floating on top. It's often served with fresh berries.
New york style Cheesecake with berry reduction instructions
- First, heat up the oven up to 300 F and grease the container in which you will make the cheesecake..
- In a bowl or a mixer crack the graham crackers and pulverize them until they resulting product looks like flour. Then, ad in the butter, sugar, salt and vodka, and mix until it looks and feels like a paste. Spread and compact this paste in the base of the container, and bring it to the oven for 10 minutes. Poke small holes in the dough with a fork, so as to prevent it from cracking in the oven..
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese (which MUST be at room temperature. You want it soft, so as to make a smooth mixture) with the yogurt and the sugar. Add in the Vanilla and the eggs and egg yolks. Then beat in the flour and the heavy cream. The resulting mix should be soft and smooth, with some small pieces of cream cheese in between..
- Take the base out of the oven and pour the cheesecake batter over it, taking care to even it out. Leave the cheesecake to cook for an hour and 25 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Meanwhile, take the berries (I suggest starting by the cherries, then the blueberries and last but not least the strawberries) and mix them in a pot with the sugar and a bit of water. The mixture will start to gurgle, and when the texture is of that of jam, add the Vodka and let it set for 5 minutes. All in all this process shouldn't take more than 30 minutes..
- Once done, leave the cheesecake in the fridge overnight, and serve with the sauce you made..
New York Cheesecake is delicious eaten plain and all on its own. Cheesecake enthusiasts will appreciate a good-tasting cheesecake without any toppings. New York-style cheesecake is always popular. Made with cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and a fresh strawberry garnish, this NY cheesecake is sure to If you don't have fresh berries, top the cheesecake with frozen (thawed) strawberries or try something different, like canned cherry pie filling. You won't want any other's after you've had this one.