Salted Caramel Cheesecake.
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- You need of Biscuits base.
- Prepare 1 cup of Crackers – crushed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Castor sugar.
- It’s 3 1/2 tbsp of Unsalted butter – melted.
- It’s of Cheese filling.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of White flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of Castor sugar.
- Prepare 125 grams of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Heavy cream.
- It’s of Caramel sauce.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1/2 cup of Heavy cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Salted butter – melted.
Salted Caramel Cheesecake step by step
- Combine crushed crackers with the butter and sugar until you obtain a wet sand kind of mixture..
- 2. Put the mixture into forms (I used cupcake forms and I used aprox. 2 tablespoons of biscuits/form) and spread it uniformly, then press it with the bottom of a glass or cup to fix it even better..
- 3. Bake the base in a preheated oven (175 Celsius) for about 5 minutes. After that, let them cool out from the oven while you prepare the filling..
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and the flour for the filling and put the mixture over the cream cheese, in a larger bowl..
- Mix with an electric hand mixer on low speed until you get a smooth filling. Add the eggs, one at a time, incorporating them very well. Add the vanilla extract and the two types of cream and combine everything until you get an evenly distributed mixture..
- Put the filling over the base in every form, until you fill them (3/4). Put the forms in the oven, at the same temperature, and bake for 20-30 min or until the filling is all set but still elastic in the middle..
- After baked enough let them cool for 1 hour at room temperature and minimum 2 hours in the fridge. Prepare the sauce..
- In a pan, melt the sugar and water on medium heat stirring continuously with a wire until it boils, then let it cook stirring occasionally until it gets a nice caramel color. Add the butter and stir until well melted and combined. Take the pan off the heat, add the cream immediately and stir until fully combined and let it cool..
- Serve the cheesecake right from the fridge, with caramel sauce on top and sea salt sprinkled over it. Enjoy!.