Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. For the recipe, I subbed coconut oil for the butter and added shredded coconut, lime zest, and lime juice to the batter. The frosting also showcases coconut oil with some lime juice. If you prefer, toast the coconut for the garnish on these cupcakes.
Ingredients of Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prepare 1 box of your favorite white or yellow cake mix.
- It’s 1 (15 oz.) of can coconut milk (well shaken to incorporate the cream with the liquid).
- You need 2-3 of eggs (depending on what your box mix calls for).
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s of zest of 1 lime (remember to zest before juicing! ;)).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- You need of another lime for zesting atop cupcakes.
- It’s of Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
These Coconut Lime Cupcakes are the perfect mix of tropical and citrus flavors, with a lime and coconut cupcake base, coconut cream cheese frosting, and toasted coconut on top! Okay, I waited as long as I possibly could before pulling out the lime desserts on you again this year, but it has begun, so if you like lime as much as I do, get excited! These coconut cupcakes with lime buttercream frosting have a triple dose of coconut in the cupcakes and a soft, buttery texture. Then they're topped with creamy, fluffy lime frosting & toasted coconut.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Make your cupcakes according to box instructions REPLACING the water with an amount of coconut milk equal to the amount of water indicated on the box PLUS an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk. Don't forget to add the zest of 1 lime and 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice to the batter as well..
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. Copy and paste this in your URL bar to get that recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes as usual and then take a microplane or very fine grater and top the cupcakes with just a little bit of fresh lime zest. Frosted cake should be refrigerated until no less than 30 minutes before serving..
- Enjoy! :).
These are the perfect tropical cupcake recipe! Sometimes you need a cupcake that tastes like summertime fun and warm, sunny days. Stir in coconut and lime zest. Perfect for sugar cookies, frosting a cake, or on graham crackers. I use my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe as the base and substitute the milk with coconut cream, but you can use whole milk or coconut milk instead.