Pineapple sponge cupcake. The taste was a bit like a store-bought sponge cake. We put fresh pineapple whipped cream and cherries on it and it was better. How to Make Pineapple Sponge Cake.
Ingredients of Pineapple sponge cupcake
- You need 100 g of flour.
- It’s 100 g of sugar.
- It’s 100 g of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking power + baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbs of custard powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla + pineapple essence.
- Prepare 4-5 slices of tinned pineapple.
Yes, this is an eggless pineapple cake perfect for vegetarians and you could also buy it from Indian bakery stores easily. Lightly spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level with the back of a knife. For more accurate measurements, it's best to weigh the ingredients. Crushed pineapple will be broken down much more than pineapple chunks.
Pineapple sponge cupcake step by step
- Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees for 15 mins..
- Add butter & sugar to a mixing bowl and blend it until fluffy.
- Add egg continue blending after which add vanilla and pineapple essence.
- Now add baking powder, baking soda and custard powder and blend until fluffy.
- Now double sieve the flour and add it to the fluffy mixture little by little.
- Keep folding in the flour with a spatula and mix to ensure there are no lumps..
- Cut the pineapple slices and add them to the cake mix.
- In the cupcake mould add the cup cake butter papers and place them in the mould. Little by little add the cake mix equally..
- Garnish it with chocochips this is optional.
- Bake it for over 20 – 25 minutes. Keep checking the colour and texture..
- Serve after it cools down.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and bicarb. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs, vanilla and pureed pineapple (pureed with its juice from the tin). Mix well to blend and tip into prepared tin. This vintage Pineapple Sponge Cake has a delightful tropical flavor with a wonderfully airy texture. This light and fluffy cake is topped with an irresistible pineapple frosting for the ultimate treat.