Cardamom and orange Doughnuts. Great recipe for Cardamom and orange Doughnuts. Crush the cardamom seeds and the orange peel with the pestle. Then add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
Ingredients of Cardamom and orange Doughnuts
- It’s 500 grams of Bread flour.
- Prepare 80 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 envelope of Freeze-dried bread yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 250 grams of Milk.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 40 grams of Softened butter.
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of Orange peel.
- It’s 5 of Grains of cardamom.
The warm, deep flavor of cardamom paired wonderfully with bright, fresh citrus. To decorate: candied oranges and clementines. Orange and treacle flavoured rye doughs are twisted together to make these pretty – and very tasty – rolls. Put the flours in a large mixing bowl, add the cardamom and the yeast to.
Cardamom and orange Doughnuts step by step
- Put the flour, the sugar and the two envelopes of yeast into a big bowl..
- Add the salt, putting it on the side so as to not touch the yeast..
- Open the grains of cardamom. Inside there are a little pieces of black seeds. Put the seed on a mortar and grind them whit the pestle..
- Also add the orange peel at the last point. We will use a fine grater, being careful with not to peel any of the white part of the orange..
- Crush the cardamom seeds and the orange peel with the pestle. Then add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients..
- Mix it well using a spatula and add the milk and the egg. Keep mixing until the dough doesn't stick on the sides of the bowl..
- Place the mixture onto a clean counter and knead it with your hands. Add flour as needed..
- When we get a homogeneous dought ball, we will add the softened butter in the center. Work, again, the dough until the butter evenly built. Add flour as needed, and be patient!.
- When the dought is not sticky, shape it into a ball and cover with a clean towel. Let it rise for one hour..
- When the dough has matured, knead it whit a rolling pin, until it is half an inch thick..
- Then start cutting the donuts with help of two cut rings with different sizes. You can use a water glass and a soda top. Place the donuts onto a wax paper and cover it whit a clean towel. Let them sit for one hour..
- Time to fry! Use a deep pan with plenty of oil, which can't be too cold or too hot. Fry the donuts until gold on both sides..
- To finish, let's make the glaze. In a small bowl, add warm water and icing sugar and mix it until the glaze gets a white sticky appearance..
- Rub the donuts with the glaze using a paint brush. Let them dry before you eat..
The Best Orange Doughnuts Recipes on Yummly Orange Zest Doughnuts, Nutella Filled Mini Doughnuts, Orange Caramel Sticky Doughnuts. Spiced Doughnuts with Cardamom, Coffee, and OrangeSerious Eats. There are many doughnuts in the world to love. They're a baked doughnut, which makes them even more dangerously accessible.