Vegetarian mexican lasagna. This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. Be the first to review this recipe. This is from "Vegetarian Times: Low-Fat and Fast" (highly recommended).
Ingredients of Vegetarian mexican lasagna
- You need 2 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- Prepare 1 of large red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of large orange bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 pack of mexican veggie ground round (I've used yves veggie).
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of cheezwhiz.
- You need 150 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso).
- It’s to taste of hot sauce (I've used Cholula original).
- Prepare 5 of flour tortillas (I've used Old el Paso smart fiesta).
- You need 25 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso mild).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare to taste of chipotle or chili powder.
Assemble this fun twist on lasagna for dinner, and. Be the first to rate & review! Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too!
Vegetarian mexican lasagna step by step
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet at medium/high heat and cook the bell peppers for 2 minutes..
- Add in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Lower the heat to low and add in the ground round, breaking it in tiny bits with a wooden spoon..
- Add in 2 tablespoon of cheezwhiz, 150 ml of taco sauce and hot sauce to taste. Mix well. Add 1 more tablespoon of cheezwhiz if you like it extra cheesy..
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and set aside..
- Preheat the oven at 350°..
- Lay one tortilla in a pyrex pie plate..
- Cover the tortilla with a quater of the ground round mix, lay a tortilla on top and gently press with hands..
- Repeat till you have 4 layers of ground round mix. Top layer must be a tortilla..
- Spread 25 ml of taco sauce on top of the last tortilla, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder..
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Broil under the grill last 2 minutes..
- Cut in 4 piece and serve with a side of green salad..
You can even serve it with eggs for breakfast. For our vegetarian friends (and everyone else looking to take a welcome break from meat), we compiled our favorite vegetarian lasagna recipes. All of them are brimming with ingredients like. This collection of vegetarian and vegan lasagnas will help you find the perfect dish for a dinner with family and friends to which some guest might be vegetarians or vegans. All-star vegetarian lasagna roll ups w/ zucchini & a lighter cheese mixture with garlic and parsley.