Skillet Veggie Lasagna.
Ingredients of Skillet Veggie Lasagna
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small zucchini, diced.
- You need 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each dried oregano, dried basil, red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 8 of uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into pieces.
- You need 24 oz. of marinara sauce (Store bought or homemade).
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need of Chopped fresh basil, for topping.
Skillet Veggie Lasagna step by step
- In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Then add the onions, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes, until the veggies are tender. Stir in the garlic, dried oregano, dried basil and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the broken up lasagna noodles to the skillet, then pour the marinara sauce and diced tomatoes over the top of the noodles. Then fill up the empty tomato can about halfway with water and pour that in. Make sure all noodles are covered. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Once it reaches a low boil, reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until the noodles are al dente..
- Once noodles are done, lower the heat down to the lowest setting and stir in the ricotta cheese..
- Spread the mozzarella cheese over the top, then cover with the lid for 3-4 minutes, until it all is melted. Top with the parmesan cheese and freshly chopped basil. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..