One pot beef taco pasta skillet. This beefy Taco Pasta Skillet combines tender ground beef, peppers, salsa, and perfectly cooked macaroni noodles with delicious taco seasoning mix to give you an easy at-home meal option this Cinco de Mayo! Just like in my One Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe, browning the ground beef. A cheesy taco pasta dish with taco seasoned ground beef, taco sauce, corn, and plenty of cheese that comes together all in one pot (even the pasta).
Ingredients of One pot beef taco pasta skillet
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced(optional).
- You need 1/2 of green pepper, diced (optional).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of salsa (I substitute a half of can of tomatoes with green chili’s).
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of (12oz)box bow tie uncooked pasta shells.
- You need 3 cups of beef broth (add more if needed or add more water).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of I added a splash of milk, when adding the cheese and I used velveete cheese (optional).
It's better than anything from a box. This one-pot taco pasta is a great recipe to make when I want to have planned leftovers because it makes a big batch. I put the extras in plastic containers How to Make Taco Pasta. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, then drain off excess fat if necessary.
One pot beef taco pasta skillet instructions
- Brown the beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat..
- Add in the taco seasoning, the salsa, tomato sauce, the beef broth and the pasta shells..
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil..
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. (add more broth or water if needed) the original recipe called for 2 cups but I changed the amount of pasta to more and changed the pasta noodle type as well, was just some of my changes. so when I made this I think I used 3 cups I did add water to the Original recipe I was using.).
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese..
- Top with diced tomatoes, sour cream or any other taco toppings you would like..
- I think if you added Frito chips to the top of this it would taste like the hamburger helper taco..
Sprinkle the taco seasoning over top. Some weeks we do enchiladas, some weeks we just keep it simple with beefy tacos and some weeks I make something like this One-Pot Cheesy Taco. Stir the soup, picante sauce It was ok but when I saw the review with adding an envelope of taco seasoning I thought to myself: Why didn't I think of that. That is what I will do the. This quick and easy one pot pasta dish is loaded with taco flavor, chunks of juicy beef, tomatoes and cheese!