Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese).
Ingredients of Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese)
- Prepare 8 oz of pasta of choice, boiled al dente and drained (I used spaghetti this time).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s 5 slices of bacon, cut into 1/3" pieces.
- You need 1/2 pound of asparagus, woody part snapped off, and cut into 1.5-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 pint of fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, halved OR 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley OR 1 to 2 Tablespoons dried.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3-4 Tablespoons of Boursin (any flavor) or cream cheese.
- You need of salt.
Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese) instructions
- In a large frying pan, bring 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil up to medium heat, add bacon to the pan, and render the bacon to your desired doneness. I like to render it about a third and still have some pork fat left on the bacon pieces..
- Turn heat to high, add asparagus, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add another 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, add tomatoes, and cook the tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't fear the high heat – the liquid and volume of the asparagus and tomatoes will keep things from burning..
- Add garlic and three-quarters of the parsley, stir to incorporate, and cook until garlic is translucent..
- Add pasta, lemon juice, and cheese, and stir or toss everything together. Give the cheese a minute or so to melt, stirring a couple of times in the process. At this point, you'll want to salt to taste. I used about 1/2 teaspoon. Didn't need much because of the salt from the bacon and the cheese..
- When the cheese is melted, give everything another gentle toss to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated, sprinkle the rest of the parsley on top, and enjoy! :).