One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta.
Ingredients of One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 of asparagus leaves, chopped.
- It’s of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need of ~ 1 1/2 cup organic chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of reduced 1% milk.
- You need 1 handful of spinach leaves.
- Prepare of ~2 cups Italian dry garofalo pasta (or any other variety).
- You need 1-2 tsp of cornstarch (depending how thick you want your sauce to be).
- Prepare of optional: sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- You need of optional: some cubed smoked ham or cooked sausage chunks.
- Prepare of optional: some diced bell pepper for more sweet tanginess to cut the richness, add in with the onions.
One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta instructions
- Heat up the oil in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan with the diced onions and asparagus.
- Toss in some garlic salt and sautee for around 3-5 minutes..
- Then add in the chicken stock and milk, it should be around 1.5 inches from the rim (so that it doesn't boil over)..
- Add in the dry pasta.
- Continue to cook on medium heat until the mixtures starts to boil..
- Then, boil the mixture for around 10 minutes stirring every once in a while with a rubber spatula until the pasta is soft and al dente. (If you want to add ham or cooked meatballs or sausages, now is the time to do it).
- Add in the spinach and stir.
- Dissolve corn starch in around 1 tablespoon of water and add to the sauce/pasta..
- Stir until the sauce thickens a little (sauce will continue to thicken as it cools!) and remove from heat..
- Serve plain or sprinkle with some parmesan cheese (optional).
- If not salty enough, sprinkle some more garlic salt until desired taste..