Canned Tuna or Sardines con Pasta – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown. Valentines can be sentimental and romantic, or funny and friendly. Canned sardines are so underrated ! Those preserved fish are a essential to every smart chef's pantry.
Ingredients of Canned Tuna or Sardines con Pasta – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown
- Prepare of Base Ingredients.
- It’s 1 L of Tomato, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion, sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 handful of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 of bell pepper, julienned (optional).
- You need of Few stalks green onions, chopped (garnish).
- Prepare 2 of tsps fish sauce (or use salt, to taste).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Cooking oil for sautéing.
- You need 1/8 c of water.
- You need of Canned Sardines.
- It’s 1 can of Sardines in tomato sauce – coarsely mashed with a fork.
- You need of Canned Tuna.
- Prepare 1 can of Tuna in oil or your flavor choice.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- It’s 2-3 of servings pasta of choice.
Take that bottle of Spanish sardines to the next level by stir-frying it. Canned sardines are a quick, convenient option when hunger strikes. Low in calories and high in protein, they fit into any diet. Canned sardines are more popular among customers than fresh and frozen varieties.
Canned Tuna or Sardines con Pasta – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown step by step
- Prepare the Base: Sauté in oil onions, garlic until fragrant. Mix in tomatoes and mushrooms. Add water and cover. Let the tomatoes juice up and get soft (for flavor)..
- Check if the tomatoes are ready. Add a bit more water if it's too dry. Sauté with spatula. Then add in your canned sardines or Tuna (including sauce). I coarsely mashed the fish pieces while in the pan..
- Add bell peppers if desired, and a sprinkle of green onions. Season with salt or fish sauce. Taste and let simmer a few minutes. Have you boiled your pasta while sautéing? :).
- PASTA: Boil pasta in pot according to package instructions until al denté. Don't forget to add a bit of salt and oil (in pasta water)..
- Transfer sardines/tuna to a bowl before plating with pasta. Below photo: canned sardines con pasta. Enjoy!.
- Below photo: canned tuna con wheat pasta. Enjoy!.
- VARIATION: These dishes are also great with good bread, like a sliced toasted baguette, to dip or to top. :).
Think: pastas, sandwiches, salads My husband and I adore tinned things, especially those housing oily, briny, rich-in-flavor sardines, tuna Canned or jarred tuna serves as one of our most reliable pantry soldiers. Much of the canned tuna that you'll find in your grocery store shelves comes from the Pacific Ocean. Easy Canned Tuna Pasta, Tuna And Tomato Pasta, Tuna And Zucchini Pasta. Olive oil-packed tuna can get pricey; we also recommend using deboned canned sardines for this pasta recipe. You could also use good-quality tuna—again, imported canned tuna, or line-caught albacore This bean salad is taken to new, luxurious levels with the addition of eggs, anchovies, and.