Amy's Triangle Puff Pastry Delights . 🙂. See great recipes for Swag-A-Licous N Bomb-Diggity Baked potato Triangles too! Here, we sprinkled zaatar onto puff-pastry straws and paired them with a creamy, garlicky yogurt dip. Divide the puff pastry in half and roll thinly into two large equal sized rectangles.
Ingredients of Amy's Triangle Puff Pastry Delights . 🙂
- Prepare 1 of sheet puff pastry = 6 triangle delights each ..
- You need 1 of square of cadbury chocolate or your favorite chocolate per pastry triangle ..
- It’s 1 tsp of of jam of your choice per pastry triangle.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon butter per pastry triangle.
- It’s 1 of good finger pinch full of your favourite cheese , i used vintage chedder , per pastry triangle.
- Prepare 1 of finger pinch full of plain flour , for work bench.
- You need 1 of egg – whisked for sealing triangles and final glaze ..
Put triangles on pan and brush the top of each with a beaten egg (to give it a nice yellow. Set aside along with a pastry brush. Gently roll out each sheet of puff pastry to be slightly larger. Divide blackberry filling evenly between squares.
Amy's Triangle Puff Pastry Delights . 🙂 instructions
- Take a piece of puff pastry and cut it into thirds then cut the thirds in half again so to have six pieces ..
- now take a piece of the pastry pieces and place on lightly floured surface . now take a piece of the chocolate , chopped roughly , or which ever filling you desire and place up one end of the pastry leaving room to seal it into..
- using a pastry brush , dip brush into the whisked egg wash and bush around the top edges of the pastry then carefully fold the pastry over to form a triangle shape , pressing the egg washed sides down to seal it into. now egg wash the remaining pastry end and fold over again to keep the triangle shape press firmly to seal the ends and make sure there are no holes in it , so it doesn't split open whilst cooking , now egg wash the top and place on a tray till all are ready ..
- heat oil in a deep frier or a pot of oil for deep frying . when the oil is hot gently add the puff pastry triangle , one at a time , and only a few at a time to ensure they don't stick together and cook evenly . let cook for a couple of minutes and turn and cook for a few minutes more until they are lightly golden brown . repeat the process with the rest , if they start to brown too quickly it means your oil is too hot so turn it down a bit a try again . They should be light , crisp , puffy and golden brown . once cooked remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper , dust with fine grain sugar ..
- Can be served hot or cold , with cream , ice cream , custard , sugar or just on their own . enjoy . :-).
- NOTE : the filling is extremely hot at first so be careful , also you can use just about any filling you desire ..
Fold each square in half to create a triangle and gently seal edges. Brush the edges of the squares with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry over the fillling to form triangles. Fold each square diagonally to form a triangle. Puff Pastry Summer Fruit Shortcakes Recipe.