Cheese and olives pastries. Rich cheese dough surrounds a savory olive. A great pick-up appetizer or snack. You can freeze the unbaked, dough-wrapped-olives and then bake them right out of the freezer, extending the baking time by a few minutes.
Ingredients of Cheese and olives pastries
- You need of Dough.
- It’s 5 of mcups of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of yeast.
- You need 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of warm water.
- It’s 1/3 cups of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 200 grams of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 100 gram of labneh/cream cheese.
- You need 150 grams of Feta cheese.
- It’s 100 gram of black olives.
Spread the tapenade inside each square. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Beat the butter until creamy in a large mixing bowl, add the cheese and mix well. Stir in the flour, salt, cayenne and the Worcestershire until smooth.
Cheese and olives pastries step by step
- Mix three cups of flour, yeast, sugar, salt and water..
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes..
- Add the other two cups of flour. Note: depending on your dough, maybe you’ll need less or more. Mix in the flour..
- Spread a little oil on top of the dough..
- Let it rest for 20 minutes..
- Roll out the dough as much as possible. Aim to make it in a rectangular shape..
- Drizzle a little olive oil. Spread the labneh/cream cheese over the dough. Spread the Feta cheese. Sprinkle the mozerella and olives..
- Roll the dough inwards starting from the longer side..
- Cut the dough into thick slices and place them on a greased pan. Let them rest for 10 minutes..
- Preheat the over to 180°C..
- Put the trays in the over and decrease the temperature to 150°C..
- Leave the tray for about 15 minutes with the heat under it, and 5 imputes with the heat on top until the rolls turn golden..
In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, olives, pine nuts, olive oil, and thyme. Transfer to the puff pastry and spread evenly into a single layer, making sure the tomatoes are cut side up. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In food processor, combine flour and baking powder. This recipe is one of my favorite appetizers that I like to make for parties.