My Great Grandmothers Mincemeat Pie. Mike and Carleen McCornack perform "My Grandmother's Mincemeat Pie" at the Emerald Valley Opry. This is my grandmother's recipe for mincemeat. This is truly an old-fashion homemade mincemeat recipe that is actually made with meat in it.
Ingredients of My Great Grandmothers Mincemeat Pie
- Prepare 2 quarts of Thanksgiving / Christmas Mince Meat Pie filling recipe.
- Prepare 2 of pie crust 9 inch each.
- Prepare As needed of nonstick spray.
- Prepare 8 ounces of pecans chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
Use this mincemeat to make Homemade Mince Pie. Or create your own twists by using it for mincemeat cake or muffins! I would love to have your grandmothers mincemeat recipe. Get the lowdown on how to make marvelous mincemeat tartlets inspired by the Great British Bake Off–brandy butter included.
My Great Grandmothers Mincemeat Pie step by step
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Simmer the pecans and Thanksgiving / Christmas Mince Meat Pie filling, see my recipe. Mix the water and cornstarch and add to the filling stir till it's thickened a bit. Let cool..
- Spray a pie pan with nonstick spray. Add 1 crust to pan. Remove all air in between the crust and pan..
- Pour minced meat filling into the pie crust.
- Seal the edges of pie crust..
- Put the top crust on top. Cut 4 small slits into the top of crust..
- Bake in oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit till crust are done. I baked mine a total of 28 minutes but times can vary..
This hearty filling goes great with the Country Mince Pie from our Throwback Thanksgiving feature. Star chef Grant Achatz balances the spicy-sweet fruit filling in his mincemeat pie with rum and brandy. Glaze and bake the pie Brush the pie with the melted butter and drizzle over the milk. See more ideas about Mincemeat pie, Mince meat and Minced meat recipe. Mincemeat Pie (with Homemade Mincemeat recipe also).