Rigatoni pasta pie. A pasta pie that hits your eye and your stomach thanks once again to Martha Stewart. A Rigatoni Pasta Pie recipe that is not only impressive but easier to make than you'd think. Arrange the pasta vertically in the prepared springform pan.
Ingredients of Rigatoni pasta pie
- You need 1 lb of rigatoni pasta.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 (28 ounce) of can good quality crushed tomatoes.
- You need of Butter for pan.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 8 ounces of coarsely grated mozzarella cheese.
The dish that preceded this gloriously simple Pasta Pie was a rather polarising Liver and Onions recipe! Just rigatoni pasta, melted mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and fresh basil. The magic behind this elegant and eye-catching dish is actually really simple: layer rigatoni pasta stuffed with. Rigatoni Pasta Pie reminds me of Lasagna but it is way easier to make.
Rigatoni pasta pie instructions
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone (I cooked mine for 12 minutes when the box indicated 14 minutes). One pound of pasta should be cooked in 6 quarts of water, make sure you are using a big enough pot so the pasta doesn't stick together. When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more..
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes..
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta..
- Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. Enough said..
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold..
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have..
- Serve with garlic cheesy bread inside salad.
Recently all kinds of noodles tend to rule our family diet. It's tasty, quick and easy to make. Rigatoni Pasta Pie by Jenn— looks too easy. A fun and unique pasta pie recipe featuring Rao's Roasted Four Cheese Sauce & Rigatoni Pasta.". All the goodness of a taco in a cheesy pasta dinner that only requires one dish.