Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie.
Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- You need 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- It’s 2 of celery, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare to taste of Dried basil,.
- It’s to taste of Dried thyme,.
- It’s 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..