Spinach hand pies. The spinach and feta filling you know and love from this Greek dish is tucked inside whole-wheat pizza dough, then wrapped and baked into portable hand pies. From such humble beginnings, these Sausage, Egg, & Spinach Hand Pies were born. So if these sausage hand pies aren't speaking to you today, you can also try one of these other options Don't have any Mighty Spinach on hand?
Ingredients of Spinach hand pies
- It’s of baby spinach leaves ,tightly packed.
- It’s of onion , finely chopped.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- It’s of eggs, slightly beaten.
- Prepare of ricotta cheese.
- It’s of parmesan cheese , grated.
- Prepare of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare of black pepper powder.
- It’s of red chilli flakes.
- It’s of olive oi.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of puff pastry sheets.
A tasty hand-held pie featuring cheddar cheese and a trio of vegetables. Spinach and artichoke dip in puffed pastry? This fit the simplicity bill perfectly. I plan to make the Spinach and Artichoke Hand Dip Pies next week for a Christmas snack.
Spinach hand pies instructions
- In a skillet heat oil and saute the onions and garlic until soft. Turn heat off and let cool..
- In a medium size mixing bowl add all the remaining ingredients except the puff pastry sheets and eggs..
- Add the spinach once cooled and mix all the ingredients well. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly..
- On a lightly floured surface gently roll out one pastry sheet. Using a square or round cookie cutter, cut the pastry sheet..
- Brush each round / square with egg, place a little spinach and cheese mixture and fold over. Press the edges gently to seal the pie. Make slight indentations along the edge by pressing a fork along the sealed edges. Repeat the same process with the second sheet and all the the cut squares / rounds..
- Preheat oven at 200 degree centigrade. Line a baking tray with parchment paper..
- Brush egg on top off all the pies, place them on baking sheet and bake for 18 – 20 minutes until golden brown..
- Remove to a cooling rack and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Can be eaten warm or at room temperature..
- Makes 8 – 10 pies depending on the size of of the cutter..
Frozen pie dough is your new best friend. Be the hit of the party (or cookout) with these deliciously fluffy Mini Chicken Bacon Spinach Artichoke Hand Pies. They're the perfect finger food appetizer for any occasion! The spinach filling in these fatayer, inspired by a recipe from Palestinian-born baker Maha Ziadeh, isn't flavored with feta, as it is in the more com. Gently fold in the turkey and set aside.